Friday, September 19, 2008

The Kingdom of God

John 18:36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."

Note that Jesus is not saying that His kingdom is not in this world but that it is not of or from this world. It is not like the kingdoms of this world but it is in this world as it is "within [us] (Luke 17:21)" Again note that He has asked the Father "thy kingdom come" to this world and that "But if I cast out devils...the kingdom of God is come unto you (Mat 12:28)." and on and on and on. Over and over you hear that the kingdom is near; know that the kingdom is here. Based on what Jesus said, the kingdom came with the coming of the King of kings. His ascension marked His inauguration. The kingdom is not like the kingdoms of this world, thus it is not of this world; but don't make the mistake in thinking that it is not currently here among/within us. We are in the kingdom of His dear Son even now. There is more yet to come, but that is another story...

No comments: