Thursday, June 26, 2008

Re:Re:Letter to My Friend

"Well, I’m back and forth. My only concern is that McCain may have the opportunity to appoint a pro-life justice to the Supreme Court. I may end up voting Const. party anyway, but what would you say about the justice appointment issue? Do you not believe that McCain would do that, or would you just say that on other issues, McCain’s positions are bad, so though a judge may be pro-life, he may also be anti-liberty, and any compromise on any issue is enough to reject him?"


I wouldn't make my decision for support on one issue. Granted if the Conservative party endorses McCain, and you vote for him on that ticket, you would be sending him the message that you want him to be conservative (i.e. including any appointments etc). However it won't bind him to anything. He can just as simply ignore and patronize his conservative constituent, especially since republicans have us conservatives "in the bag." The future of the Republicans, think "log cabin," is pandering to the homosexual community and trying to be progressive/liberal.

The reality is that we do not need a pro-life judge nominated. This thinking is truly borne of the self-defeating strategy of incrementalism (i.e. accept the evil but slowly work to overturn it). What we need is a president who will himself overturn Roe vs. Wade by resisting evil. This can be accomplished through veto and simply having enough support in Congress to prevent a veto override. I don't think McCain will do this, let alone O'Bama. I'll vote for neither.

I don't know if Chuck Baldwin has this strategy in mind, but I don't think he'll get elected either. That is, if he had a chance I would really work hard at convincing him to adopt this strategy. On the other hand, we need to have this strategy in mind for the day will come, if we faint not, when we will have our candidate take office. Until then, I will labor to spread the ideology of theocentrism in all of life and thought; esp. in politics.

No comments: