Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Prayer for Rest (Day 1 of the Fourth Day)

[Mat 11:28-30 NLT] 28 Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light."

(A) O Lord, merciful father,
(T) You gave us a special time and place to draw closer to each other as we drew closer to You. We thank you for your goodness in our lives.
(C) We stumbled and bumbled over the weekend, we tried hard to make it work and alternatively let you work. We do not know how to "balance" those two ideas, but You showed up anyways and blessed our socks off!
(S) We ask for the physical, mental, and emotional recovery from (over) exertion on the weekend,
(Why?) so that You may be glorified in the minds, hearts, and by the lives of the men who participated. So that You can draw all men unto Yourself. So that the world may know You and have eternal life!