Saturday, October 4, 2008

Vote No for those who voted Yes

Find your Representative in the roll call for the vote on the bailout...er, Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008.

My SC Rep Brown is down. Whoever the Democrat running against him may get my vote...

"Nobody really wanted to do this" and yet they did. They didn't want to vote against "their conscience," so they ignored the voters who put them in office. Pardon me!? Honorable Sir/Madam, I am your conscience. You are answerable to me, not Wall Street bankers. But I guess I have no sway with you because I don't pander to you. But I thought you worked for me...

If you (reader) want to make a difference, know that we are in the fight for the long haul.

1. Educate yourself (Google: campaign for liberty, restore the republic, ludvig von mises institute, austrian economics, Christian economics, gary north, ludvig von mises, frederick hayek, carl menger, murray rothbard, laissez faire, austrian theory of the trade cycle, rousas john rushdoony, david chilton, greg bahnsen, ron paul, constitution party, howard phillips, etc.)

2. Stay away from D.C./get involved locally ("All politics is local.").

3. Educate/catechize/indoctrinate your children in the same, thereby perpetuating the growing ranks of freedom lovers (who will do the same, and on and on and on).

Senate roll call vote on the bailout bill.

Senate roll call vote on the bailout amendment.

Update: Gary North's post that inspired my call to arms: A Civics Lesson for Very Slow Learners: American Voters

2 comments:

rich said...

Our Senator Jim DeMint was faithful. No one else in SC was. I don't know about voting for the Dem, but I won't be voting for Henry Brown (who received like 5 letters from me on this subject)

michaelsei said...

I penned those words hastily and I don't even know if Brown is up for re-election...sorry. But what I really meant to say is that I will consider voting for a Democrat; that is, I will evaluate whether or not they (Dems) in turn deserve my vote, as in the case of Lindsey Graham. Apparently there is a "Ron Paulish" Democrat (Bob Conley) running against Graham who is up for re-election this November. And to prove that I actually know what I'm talking about (this time) here are the links:

SC Senators

What is a class?

Note: Graham is Class II.

And for Bob Conley see:

Bob Conley

American Conservative Magazine article by Jack Hunter